2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped
1 cup taco sauce
20 taco-size tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
2. In a bowl, add the chicken, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and taco sauce, and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly spread about 2 tablespoons each cheddar cheese Monterey Jack cheese and chicken mixture on one half of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla into a cone starting from the cut edge making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
4. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place a wide mouth jar or glass in the center. Create a ring around the jar with the tortilla cones. The point of the cones should be in the center, touching the surface of the jar. There should be about 13 cones in the first layer.
5. Sprinkle both cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese over the first layer of cones.
6. Start the second layer of cones by placing one cone on top and in between 2 cones in the first layer. Continue this process with the rest of the cones. There should be 3 full layers of cones with 3 left to fill some of the empty space in the top.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar and Monterey Jack on top of the blooming quesadilla. Remove jar from center of ring. Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Transfer to a plate. Place dip of choice inside the ring. Top with desired garnishes.
9. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Beach Bossa Nova_Main
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.