Download the new Tasty app: http://tstyapp.com/m/mFqUXJtD3E
Reserve the One Top: http://bit.ly/2v0iast
5 grams White Peppercorns
20 grams Garlic, peeled
20 grams Coriander Stems, chopped
1 tablespoon Light Soy
1 tablespoon Kecap Manis
1 tablespoon Fish sauce (Nam Pla)
70 grams Palm Sugar, melted
1 kilo Pork Collar, cut into 1 in/2 cm chunks
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the peppercorns and garlic together until the peppercorns are all cracked.
2. Add the coriander and continue grinding until nearing a paste like consistency.
3. Remove the mixture from the mortar and place into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the palm sugar (best to warm to a semi liquid state in a microwave first) and liquid ingredients before stirring well.
5. Add the pork cubes to the mixture, cover, place in fridge, and marinate overnight.
6. Cut into cubes of about 1” and cook slowly in a pan, constantly turning. Cook until the pork is cooked through and the juices has reduced down and are sticky and caramelised.
7. Serve alongside a homemade Nam Jim Jaew sauce and some sticky rice or simply on some skewers.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network